There are 6 options a week for lunch, some recipes will make enough for 2 or more meals. You do not have to eat every meal on the list (you could even eat the same thing every day if you really wanted to). If there is a recipe you don’t plan on eating, you can cross off the ingredients on the shopping list.
- The Astro veggie burger : 350 calories, 35gm carb. Morningstar garden veggie burger and Monterrey jack cheese on Martin’s Potato roll. This can be enjoyed with no prior preparation time, so is handy in a pinch.
- Hummus wrap : 370 calories, 31gm carb. This is a highly addictive and healthy lunch option. The recipe makes enough hummus for 4 wraps, and the wraps can be prepared days in advance.
- Pimento cheese sandwich : 290 calories, 24gm carb. This recipe makes enough spread for 8 sandwiches, so it can be used for multiple lunches or for snacks.
- Mixed salad with shrimp : 370 calories, 9 gm carb. This recipe makes 2 servings. The shrimp are made ahead of time in about 10 minutes, and will store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Brussels sprouts salad : 475 calories, 35gm carb (subtract 16 gm carb and 65 calories if you omit the dried cherries). This is an amazingly delicious salad that can be made up to 4-5 days in advance. Shredded brussels sprouts and arugula are tossed with toasted pecans, dried cherries, and goat cheese. This makes 2 salads, so can be eaten on multiple lunches .
- The Making Fitness Shake: 210 calories, 9gm carb. This drink is creamy, chocolaty, and will satisfy a sweet tooth. It functions well as a meal replacement, a snack, or as a pre/post-workout drink.
- “I absolutely need to eat out for lunch today”. You can eat salad if the calorie and carbohydrate content is listed at the restaurant (which most places now do. The salad must be less than 550 calories and 25 gm carbs.