20gm carb per servingPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 1 slice Dave’s Killer bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (Recommend Sargento sharp cheddar as far as grocery store sliced cheese brands. If you’re splurging, get Tilamook cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon of bummel and brown.
- Turn on the broiler
- While the broiler heats, lightly toast the bread in the toaster (this allows the bread to be crispy throughout. If you don’t mind a soft bottom of your toast, then you could skip this step)
- Butter the bread and top with cheese. Place on a cookie sheet
- Place under the broiler until cheese melts.
Many mass produced cheeses available in the grocery stores are inexpensive, but often times can be bland or bitter. When you are eating something that is just cheese and bread, the ingredients need to spot on. In my opinion, Sargento strikes the the best balance between affordability and palatablity. But if you love your Kraft cheese slices, I’m not gonna judge you.
Calories: 250 kcal