Servings: 3Print Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 4 ounces dried wide egg noodles typically ½ of the bag
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2.5 tablespoons butter divided
- 6 ounces fully cooked smoked sausage such as kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch rounds (typically 1/2 of the package)
- 1 medium yellow onion halved and thinly sliced (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper cored and thinly sliced (about 1 cups)
- 1 medium cabbage about 1 pounds, cored, quartered, and shredded (Or, you can buy pre-shredded cabbage)
- 20 each asparagus spears fibrous ends chopped off and discarded, then cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the noodles and cook for 2 minutes less than the minimum time stated on the package.
- Into the pot of boiling water with egg noodles, stir in the frozen peas and asparagus and cook for 2 minutes more. Drain well, then transfer into a large bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon of the butter. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pot used to cook the noodles. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat, then add the sausage. Cook, (stirring occasionalluntil browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage into the bowl of pasta (reserving the drippings in the pot).
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the now-empty pot. When melted, stir in the onion, bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and stir to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cabbage in batches, stirring until each batch is starting to wilt before adding more. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 5- 10 minutes. Stir in the noodles, sausage, and veggies. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 370 kcal | Carbohydrates: 42 g