Servings: 2 peoplePrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 plum tomato
- 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems,
- 1 teaspoon cumin you won't need this exact amount
- 2 tablespoons sour cream recommend full fat sour cream
- 1 ounces frozen cod thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for roasting the veggies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for the creamy salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil to cook the cod
Prep the produce and roast veggies
- Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Core, deseed, and dice poblano into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges. Take one of the wedges of onion and mince enough for 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4 servings).
- Toss sweet potatoes, poblano, and onion wedges on a baking sheet with a tablespoon of olive oil, half the cumin. Season with salt and pepper. (For 4 servings, divide veggies between 2 baking sheets) Roast on top rack until lightly browned and tender, about 20-25 minutes.
Prepare the creamy salsa verde
- Dice tomato. Zest and quarter 1 lime (quarter 2 limes for 4 servings). Mince cilantro leaves and stems. grate garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, minced onion, juice from half a lime (whole lime for 4 servings), a pinch of minced garlic, a pinch of cumin, and 1 tablespoon olive oil (2 tablespoons for 4 servings). Taste and add more garlic if desired. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the cod
- Pat cod dry with paper towels and season liberally with salt and pepper, then season with cumin to coat. Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add cod and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for about 3 minutes more. Cooking time will vary based off the thickness of the fish.
Plate and serve
- Toss roasted veggies with tomato and lime zest; divide between plates. Place cod on top, then drizzle with creamy salsa verde.
Calories: 370 kcal | Carbohydrates: 35 g