Servings: 4Print Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ¼ pound salmon boneless Skinless fillet
- 4 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 each fennel bulb
- 1 cup Flat Leaf Parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a food processor, pulse the fennel seeds, cumin, and lemon zest until finely ground.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, brush one side of the fillet with 1 tablespoon of the Dijon mustard and coat with the ground spice mixture.
- In a large, ovenproof pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the salmon, coated side down, and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the salmon. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked through. Transfer the salmon to a cutting board.
- While the salmon cooks, prepare the fennel-parsley salad. In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the remaining 1 teaspoon of mustard and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the sliced fennel and parsley leaves and toss.
- Cut the salmon into 4 pieces and serve right away with the fennel salad.
Calories: 415 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8 g