Servings: 2Print Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 12 oz frozen jumbo shrimp peeled, defrosted and dried on paper towels.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic grated on a microplane (or minced)
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated on a microplane (or minced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups bok choy chopped
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 stalk green onion sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup water
- Rice, water, and a large pinch of salt to pot. Turn heat to high to bring to boil. Once boiling, stir the rice and turn heat to low. Cover pot with lid and let cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take off the heat but leave covered to continue steaming.
- Place the chopped bok choy into a large microwave-safe bowl. Add a tablespoon of water to the bowl, then cover with plastic cling wrap. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick pan on high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the pan, then add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes, until just cooked through. Transfer shrimp onto a plate.
- Decrease heat to medium. Add 1 tsp sesame oil, garlic, ginger. Cook until garlic is fragrant and starting to turn golden (about 30 seconds).
- Add ½ cup of water. Then add brown sugar, soy sauce, and sriracha. Increase heat to medium high, stirring frequently as the sauce thickens into a syrupy consistency.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Return shrimp to pan. Mix to coat in sauce and reheat. Once heated, plate the dish by dividing the rice and shrimp between 2 plates. If you like, garnish with optional ingredients: sesame seeds, green onion..
- While the shrimp is reheating, place the bowl of bok-choy in the microwave and cook for 1 and ½ minutes.
Calories: 485 kcal | Carbohydrates: 52 g