55gm carb per servingPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp orange zest (1 orange = 1 tbsp zest)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 pounds frozen jumbo shrimp idealyy, get them with shells and tails already removed.
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 2 cups snow peas About 10 ounces. If you do not have snowpeas, you can use sugar snap peas or 1 bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Mixtures Broccoli, Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas & Water Chestnuts. If you use the frozen veggies, heat them per the package instructions)
- Defrost shrimp in the refrigerator or in cold water. Do not defrost in a warm place or microwave.
- Prepare the jasmine rice. Add the 1 cup of rice to 1.5 cups of water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 18 minutes, then take off heat. Leave pot lid on after cooking so it continues to steam.
- Meanwhile,, In a large pan, bring the orange juice, sugar, and soy sauce to a boil. cook over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Stir in the orange zest. Pour into a bowl and reserve. Wipe out the pan.
- To the large pan you just wiped out, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook *half* of the shrimp over medium heat, until cook through, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 1 tbsp sesame- oil and shrimp, and transfer to a plate when completed.
- To the now-empty pan, add 2 tbs water and heat to medium high. Add the snow peas, and stir fry for about 2 minutes. (If you use the frozen veggies, this step is not needed as you heat them in the microwave)
- Return all of the shrimp to the pan with the veggies, add the orange glaze, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide the shrimp and veggie mix between the dishes,,and serve with rice.
Calories: 450 kcal