Servings: 2 personPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 8 ounces salmon
- 7 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 each large fennel bulb halved, cored and sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 each green onion cut into 1inch lengths
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice can substitute vegetable broth if you can’t find clam juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
- 6 each fingerling potatoes sliced lenghtwise
- 1/4 each lemon juice from 1/4 lemon (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- Heat oven to 400.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil. Place potatoes on pan and toss with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place sheet pans into the oven. Cook for 25 minutes. Meanwhile…
- In a deep 10-inch pan, heat 3 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the fennel and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the green onion, cook until they are just tender, 2 minutes. Transfer the fennel and green onion to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan and add the curry powder. Cook over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine to deglaze the pan and scrape up any browned bits. Increase the heat to high and add the clam juice. Boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Turn the heat to low, and add the spinach (you may need to add just half the spinach and wait until it cooks down to allow enough room for the rest of the spinach). The spinach can sit and wilt while you attend to the next couple steps.
- Remove potatoes from oven and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange the salmon fillets on a large rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Broil about 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn fish over, and broil for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
- To the pan with the spinach and sauce, add back the fennel and green onion. Stir until combined. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon, and stir in the tablespoon of butter. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. If you like, you can add a bit more curry powder.
- Transfer the salmon to plates and spoon the veggies and sauce on top.
Calories: 435 kcal | Carbohydrates: 30 g