49gm net carb per servingPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 10 ounces frozen cod thawed
- 2/3 cup jasmine rice uncooked
- 10 oz fresh spinach (you can use froze, but fresh is better in this recipe)
- ¼ cup parsley leaves and stems
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 small shallot this is going in a food processor, so you don't need to chop it.
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for the salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons olive oil to cook the fish
Get the rice cooking
- To a medium pot, add the 2/3 cup of rice and 1 cup of water. Add a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then decrease heat to low and cover the pot and cook for 18 minutes. Take off heat and leave covered.
Prepare the salsa verde
- To a small food processor, add the shallot, parsley and cilantro. Pulse it a few times to get the leaves and shallot roughly chopped. Now add the capers, dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 3 tbs olive oil. pulse until combined. Salt to taste.
Cook the spinach
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the spinach and toss with tongs until wilted. This will take just a few minutes. Once wilted, transfer the cooked spinach to a cutting board.
- After letting the spinach cool for a few minutes, roughly chop it. Season with salt and pepper. If you want, and add a squeeze of lemon juice (perhaps 1-2 teaspoons) to brighten up the flavor. Clean out the pan.
Cook the cod
- Pat the fish dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the sauté pan over medium high heat with 2 tsp olive oil. Cook the fish for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for about 2 more minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish.
- Divide the spinach, rice, and cod between 2 plates. Top each piece of fish with salsa verde and serve. (note, there will be salsa verde left over, that's ok)
Calories: 495 kcal