Servings: 2Print Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 10 oz shrimp
- 1/2 cup clam juice instead of 1 tsp seafood stock concentrate, which is 1 cup
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 shallot
- 4 oz penne pasta
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. Core, deseed, and thinly slice green pepper. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Mince garlic.
- Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, rinse shrimp, then pat very dry with paper towels; place in a medium bowl. Toss with a large drizzle of olive oil, half the oregano, salt, and pepper. Heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, shallot, and a large pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, remaining oregano, and ¼ tsp chili flakes (add more or less if you like). Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir diced tomatoes and their juices, stock concentrate, and ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4 servinginto pan with veggies. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in shrimp, penne, and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4) until combined. Turn off heat. Taste and season with salt. For a kick, add more chili flakes.
- Divide pasta between bowls. Sprinkle with additional chili flakes, if desired.
Calories: 615 kcal | Carbohydrates: 56 g