Servings: 8 personPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 12 each lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach. Thawed, drained, and squeezed dry (or use a 9oz package of fresh spinach, chopped)
- 28 oz canned tomato puree
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded, part skim
- 12 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 each egg
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 3 large carrots diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta noodles per box directions. Drain. Meanwhile…
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion zucchini, and carrots to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden on the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to the pan, and mix to incorporate (If you use fresh spinach, you'll need to cook for a couple minutes until it wilts down.
- Add the garlic, basil, and thyme and stir until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato puree. Reduce heat to medium low until ready to put together the lasagna.
- While the mixture above simmers, in a separate bowl mix together the ricotta, egg, and 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese (saving 1 cup of mozzarella to top the lasagna with)
- Spread veggie mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 noodles. Layer 1/3 of the cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Top the lasagna with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 18 minutes, then remove the foil and continue cooking for about 10 more minutes (until the cheese is just starting to brown).
Calories: 415 kcal | Carbohydrates: 40 g