Servings: 6 person
Optional ingredients include: salsa, sliced black olives, Tabasco sauce, sriracha sauce, chopped cilantroPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 3/4 cup Low fat sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium Celery Stalk diced
- 1 each Jalapeno pepper seeds discarded and diced
- 15 ounce Canned diced tomatoes drained
- 15 ounces canned chili beans drained
- 15 ounces canned black beans drained
- 15 ounces caned fat free refried beans
- 8 each Corn Tortillas
- 6 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce
Taco seasoning (you can just buy a mccormick taco seasoning packet if you want, but making it yourself is cheaper)
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare the vegetables (onion, celery, jalapeno) as described above. Mix together the taco seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add onion and celery to pot, and, cook until the onion is translucent (5-10 minutes)
- Add jalepeno and taco seasoning, stir until combined and aromatic, about 1-2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, chili beans, black beans, and refried beans. Stir until well combined and simmering, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Spray a 12 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray..
- Cut the tortillas in half. Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of the pan
- Spoon ½ of the bean mixture over the tortillas.
- Spoon all of the sour cream over the bean mixture
- Place remaining tortillas over the sour cream
- Spoon the remaining bean mixture over the tortillas
- Top with the 2 cups of cheese. Cover with foil
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro, shredded lettuce, and other optional ingredients.
Calories: 430 kcal | Carbohydrates: 40 g