Excellent for fish and veggies
Servings: 4 servingsPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoons ginger grated
- 1/8 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 3 medium oranges, juiced or 3/4 cups of orange juice (save the peel for zest)
- 1/2 Lime, juiced (save the peel for zest)
- 1 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 large scallion white and green part, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and red chile flakes and cook until the ginger is soft, about 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and lime juice and cook until the mixture is reduced by about one-quarter, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the rice vinegar and orange and limes zests and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the green onions and sesame seeds just before serving.
Serving: 0.25 recipe | Sodium: 136 mg | Calcium: 42 mg | Vitamin C: 55 mg | Vitamin A: 271 IU | Sugar: 12 g | Fiber: 3 g | Potassium: 178 mg | Calories: 83 kcal | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 16 g | Iron: 1 mg