Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tilapia Scaloppine with pasta and an arugula salad
For the Tilapia scaloppine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium garlic clove grated on a microplane (or minced)
- 12 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice juice of 1/4 lemon
- 4 ounces penne pasta or any pasta you like
For the arugula salad
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2.5 - 3 ounces arugula about 2.5 to 3 packed cups
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese about 1/3 cup
Prepare the salad
Prepare the arugula salad. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, a few grinds of black pepper, and a large pinch of salt together in a large bowl. Add the arugula and toss to combine. Top with the shaved parmesan. Set aside.
Prepare the sauce
In the now-empty pan over medium high heat, add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and allow to cook, undisturbed, until browned on one side and most of the water has been released, about 4 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 15-30 seconds)
Add the capers and wine. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the mushrooms tender are wine is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Pour out the sauce into a bowl and wipe out pan.
Cook the fish
Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in the pan you used to cook the sauce over medium heat. Add the tilapia and cook about 4 minutes per side. Remove fish from the pan to your serving plates.
Finally, quickly reheat the sauce and pasta by adding both back in the pan, stirring until combined and warmed. Squeeze over the lemon juice and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Divide the pasta and sauce between your serving plates. Plate the arugula salad and serve.
Calories: 665kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g