Servings: 2 people
55gm net carbsPrint Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 7 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno
- 10 ounces frozen cod
- 2 each scallions
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 tablespoons sour cream recommend full fat sour cream
- 1 lime
- 2/3 cup jasmine rice uncooked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Prep the produce
- Halve tomatoes. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Mince cilantro leaves and stems. Zest, then quarter the lime (quarter a second lime for 4 servings). Mince jalapeno, removing seeds if you want less heat.
Prepare the rice
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the scallion whites and ¼ tsp turmeric (½ tsp for 4 servings; you’ll use more later); cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in rice, 1 cup water (2 cups if you are making 4 servings), and a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stir, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat, but keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
Prepare the salsa fresca
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cilantro, remaining scallion whites, and juice from half the lime (whole lime for 4 servings). Add 1/2 to the whole minced jalapeno, depending on how spicy you want the dish to be. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the lime crema
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, a large squeeze of lime juice, and lime zest (use half the zest for 2 servings, and all of the zest for 4 servings) . Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the cod
- In a another small bowl, combine cumin and ¼ tsp turmeric (½ tsp for 4 servings). Pat cod dry with paper towels. Season liberally with salt, pepper, and the spice mixture.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add cod and cook for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook the second side for about 3 minutes (Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish)
Plate and serve
- Stir the scallion greens into the rice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide between plates. Top rice with cod, salsa fresca, and lime crema.
Calories: 480 kcal | Carbohydrates: 55 g