Servings: 4Print Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts Ideally, 4 breasts that are 4 oz each
- 1 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 large asparagus spears ends trimmed off, and cut into 2 inch segments.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- To flatten the chicken. put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them; pound with a flat meat mallet (or the palm of your hand) until they are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, melt the 3 tbs butter with 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat.
- Add to the frying pan the chicken, and cook both sides until golden (about 5 minutes for each side).Do this in batches if the pieces don’t comfortably fit in the pan. Remove the chicken to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and cook on medium until the mushrooms are golden brown and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping the pan to pick up all of the tasty browned bits. Add the chicken stock and Reduce heat to medium, allowing the sauce to thicken (reduce in volume by about half). Salt and pepper to taste. While the sauce is cooking down, cook the asparagus.
- On a baking sheet, spray the asparagus with cooking spray and arrange in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Place the asparagus in the pre-heated oven. Roast for 5 minutes, shake the pan, then roast until tender about 5 minutes more.
- Divide the pasta and asparagus equally between serving plates. Then the plate the chicken and top with marsala sauce.
Calories: 560 kcal | Carbohydrates: 54 g