Servings: 2Print Recipe Add to MealplanAdd to Mealplan
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil Divided
- 16 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 3 each scallions thinly sliced (separate tops from bottoms)
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 1 inch piece ginger peeled and grated
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 1 each red chile (red jalapeno, Fresno, etc) Thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 each lime cut into wedges, for serving
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup water
- Prepare the jasmine rice. Add the rice, water, and a large pinch of salt to a small pot. Bring to a boil, stir well, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, then take off heat. Leave pot lid on after cooking so it continues to steam.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large pan (nonstick if you have it) over medium-high, until shimmering. Add mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally until golden brown all over, about 9 minutes.
- Add white bottoms green onion, shallot, garlic, and ginger, followed by remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, and cook, stirring often, until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat;
- Mix in green tops, chile, fish sauce, and half of peanuts. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Serve with cabbage leaves, lime wedges, rice, and remaining peanuts.
Calories: 520 kcal | Carbohydrates: 56 g